Feeling much better today, and i think that can all be attributed to the antibiotics my doctor gave me. Yesterday, much like monday night, was filled with hot and cold spells, fever, headache, frequent bathroom visitation, and pretty much overall a shitty demeanor. However, it meant a legitimate reason to stay out of the training center for a day, which under different circumstances, might have been preferable.

Today has been a lot better, although some symptoms persist. Eventhough i am begining to feel better, my host-mother´s investigation continues. No matter how many times we go over what foods i´ve eaten, or that it is probably just a flu like illness, she will not rest until she has pin-pointed the cuplrit (which i believe secretly she just doesn´t what to be herself). I really don´t think it was caused by something i ate, and even if it was, it wouldn´t change anything now. However, as i have learned over th past two day, that logic is wasted on a peruvian mother. It´s funny cause she tell me to not be worried, when it should really be the other way around.

Side note: i just saw my host brother help another volunteer with some computer problem, and he seemed really happy when she say thank you to him. Probably because he has a raging crush on her. But in a sweet way...not like ted bundy (or any bundy for that matter). Those of you who have watched married with children will understand that last one.

Dani (personal shout-out): Got your card today, and really loved it. Thanks for the love.

Teddy (doggie-shout-out): if you were literate this would probably mean more to you, but i´ll just have mom give you a pat on the head for card you sent me. I have the feeling she might have written it for you. I´m sorry you get confused when you hear my voice through skype, but can´t see me around the house. I would be confused too. I´m also sorry Dogger is still making messes on the floor. But i think there comes a time in any dogs life, and hopefully my life, when you just say, ¨screw it, this is just as good as any place to go!¨ Plus you´re so old nobody really blames you.

Tomorrow, for our practice day activity, we are cleaning some of the water tanks here in my community. Then on friday morning, we are heading to the sierra so that we cand do around a 3 hour hike up to a city, to look at their water system, and spend the afternoon coming back down. Should be fun, but probably pretty tough, because it think the elevation is around 10,000 ft. Not quite like back home at our awesome 500 ft, but i it should give me a run for my money.

So hopefully i´ll have some good stories, and photos after. I could have taken photos from the past two days...but i´m sure you all want to eat, and caring on normal trains of thought, so i opted not to. Just looking out for you

ps. Some of you have probably noticed that my spelling is not what it once was...don´t judge people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment